We aim to broaden bases for public involvement in promoting peace and democracy. Our unique model combines expertise and research with practical inclusive platforms for dialogue.
The Democratic Progress Institute (DPI) is an independent non-governmental organisation, which was established in consultation with a group of international experts in the areas of conflict resolution and democratic advancement..
- Roundtable Meeting, Dublin and Belfast, 7-11 October 2016 Keeping dialogue alive – how to get a process back on track in the aftermath of a major crisis? The Irish experience from a gendered perspective
- Getting a peace process back on track after a crisis
- New Assessment by Ali Bayramoğlu: The Latest Situation on the Kurdish Front, Autumn 2015 – 2016
- More news >
Our Key Themes
Our work covers a number of themes relevant to democratic progress and conflict resolution, including:
- Gender, Peace and Security
- Governance and Constitutional Arrangements
- Human Rights and Access to Justice
- Language and Identity
- Mediation and Negotiation
- Questions of DDR and SSR
- Root causes of refugee movements
- Countering violent extremism
Find out more about our key themes here.