Next open position: as soon as possible
- Voluntary position, based at our office in Bloomsbury, London
- Full-time or part-time (ideally 3-5 days per week for 3-6 months)
- Suitable for: Candidates interested in management and operations related work experience
- Fluency in English is essential
The Democratic Progress Institute (DPI) is seeking to appoint a volunteer intern to join our Operations Team. The internship would ideally be full-time and last for 3 to 6 months. The role is unpaid with a small daily stipend for lunch expenses.
The operations internship will involve working closely with the Operations Support Officer on various tasks that are essential to the effective running of a small but busy NGO. Through this experience, the volunteer intern would gain valuable insights and knowledge relating to management and operations in the non-profit sector.
The operations intern’s main duties will be to:
- Implement decisions taken by management related to operational systems such as IT and Communications
- Recommend and implement changes in office practice procedures or practices
- Assist with HR management
- Assist in developing and implementing in-house staff development/training
- Assist with the publication of reports
- Assist in developing and implementing tools for impact measurement of the organisation
- when required, assist programme team with small research tasks and logistics
The position requires excellent written English skills and a strong ability to carry out administrative duties. We would also value a strong eye for detail, good organisational skills and well-developed IT skills. Working well either alone or as part of a team, you will ideally have experience of – or interest in – working with a diverse range of people. It is important that the successful candidate is self-motivated and able to work successfully independently and with minimal supervision.
The suitable candidate will ideally be available full time (Monday to Friday, 9.00 to 17.00) but other arrangements can be made. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their interest, experience and suitability for the role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven interest in and knowledge of DPI’s areas of focus; namely conflict resolution and democratic advancement (including but not limited to the MENA region).
Please send an email with the subject line ‘Operations Intern’ along with your CV, a covering letter stating your interests, experience and availability, and a writing sample of no longer than 1,000 words to:
Telephone: (0) 207 405 3835
Unfortunately, we can only offer internships to UK/EU citizens and those who have the right to the work in the UK.