Our work is divided into five focus areas of activity. We aim to:
- Provide inclusive platforms for dialogue through roundtable meetings, with the aim of broadening the bases of support for a peaceful solution process and democratic advancement across all sectors of society.
- Facilitate collaborative expertise sharing by encouraging participants to focus their attention on commonalities with other conflicts, rather than their own differences. This unique model helps establish an environment in which potential solutions can be explored with conflict transformation experts who have practical experience of relevant subjects, and in which bridges are built between different sides of a conflict.
- Build capacity through mentoring, by carrying out private diplomacy activities, providing targeted advice and by creating safe spaces for key actors and institutions to engage in learning opportunities relating to conflict transformation, including governance issues and human rights.
- Strengthen knowledge through assessment and analysis of the complex dynamics at work in the conflict and share potential solutions with stakeholders and the broader public with the aim that it will contribute to a long-lasting political resolution to conflict.
- Promote the indivisibility of human rights, advance the rule of law and defend the rights of some of society’s most vulnerable individuals, groups and minorities, thereby safeguarding future generations from further human rights abuses.
Find out more about our key themes here.