Title: Financial Officer (maternity cover – FTC 9 months)
Reporting to: Director
Salary: 20,000 – 25,000 pro rata
Location: London, England
Deadline: 25 May 2015
Start date: The week commencing 15 June
The Finance Officer works closely with the Director of Programmes, the Director and the Auditors and Financial Consultant to maintaining to financial systems, and implement policies and procedures related to finance, financial planning and analysis.
This is a hands on role which will involve the following:
- Purchase invoice and expense claim processing
- Grants and donations receivable processing
- Allocation of expenses between funds / nominal codes
- Petty cash control
- Processing monthly payroll in Moneysoft
- Monitoring bank balances / checking scheduled fund receipts have been received
- Process supplier and staff payments
- Monthly reconciliation of nominal ledger control accounts
- Monthly bank reconciliations of all bank and petty cash accounts
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset register
- Assisting with the preparation of the company budget
- Maintain the grants ledger including reconciliation to the nominal ledger and application of grant instalments
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Professional accounting qualifications AAT and/or part qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA (or qualified by experience)
- 2 years’ experience in a financial / management accounting role
- Relevant experience up to TB level
- Good track record of providing strong financial support and accurate information
- Strong practical experience of QuickBooks, Moneysoft (payroll)Excel and other computerised accounting systems
- Experience of SMEs and a small team is important
- A good understanding of managing accounts and information needed to support forecasting and budgeting is important.
- You will be confident, creative and self-assured.
- You need to be an advanced user of Excel for reporting and forecasting
- Familiarity with QuickBooks for financial and management accounting as well as payroll and PAYE matters
- Ability to work independently, but as part of a small team, on different projects.
- Computer literate in MS Office, with a particular focus on Excel, and email.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to be administratively and secretarially self-sufficient
Please send a CV outlining your relevant experience and a cover letter to Saraswathi Ramanan at firstname.lastname@example.org.